May 11, 2010

Blake's Nursery!

So I have finally finished the nursery!! Yay!!

Our budget was pretty small plus we are renting so I didn't go all out with painting the walls or anything but I still think it turned out pretty cute. Luckily I already had all the furniture and some bins and stuff leftover from Cole so it didn't end up costing me much.

I went back and forth on a theme but finally settled on dinosaurs after seeing these ADORABLE digital scrapbook dinos by Jacque Larsen!

I made the wall hangings first and had them printed out. I got some 12x12 frames on etsy for $6 each which was amazing! I found a Pottery Barn GC from 3 years ago in some of our storage boxes so I was able to get a crib skirt from there. I printed out one of the dinos and used iron on to make the crib skirt. We don't use a crib bumper so other than a crib skirt, I just picked up some cheap sheets from Babies'R'Us. I searched EVERYWHERE for a light blue valance but ended up having to settle for a darker blue one. I ironed dinos onto that too. I found some super cute plush dinos online and ordered a few of those for some finishing touches!

Here's the end result...

The wall prints:


From the doorway:


The crib w/ the prints. We will be putting the rail back on before the baby is born ;)



Close up of crib:


Changing table:



Okay, Baby Blake... we're ready for you!!! Your big brother is waiting to play with you!! Don't worry, I'll make sure he puts some pants on first! HA!

4 comments:

  1. i love it Jamie!! i LOVE all the personalized stuff-- your so talented. :) cant wait to see him... hopefully its soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks great! Got a little teary when I saw you're using Grandpa's middle name :) Wade almost got the same middle name. We couldn't decide between Mason Edmund or Wade Christian (Jeremy's middle name). Obviously Wade won :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the welcome mat is out, and it all looks so neat and right-out-of-a-magazine. Can't wait to see how he likes the dinosaurs, and especially that Coleosaurus with the big grin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. um.. so no updates yet? you guys couldn't just take your new laptop to the hospital and do a few posts?! lame-o. But i guess you are in pain, jamie. hope you feel better (so that you can post pics of charlie's newest cousin).

    kyle

    ReplyDelete