May 22, 2010

Big Brother Cole

Okay, so we were sooo worried about how Cole was going to handle having a new baby brother. He's use to getting a lot attention so I thought for sure that he was going to be so jealous and have such a hard time. We really tried to build up the excitement for him. We talked a lot about "His Baby" Blake. So when Nick dropped him off at the neighbors house and told him that he would get to meet baby Blake the next day, he was pretty excited!


Cole meeting Blake for the first time.


Giving Blake his first kisses.


Cole was so cute with Blake in the hospital. He was so happy to see him and was so gentle with him. Since coming home, Cole has been completely OBSESSED with his little brother. We hear a lot of "I need to see the baby." " I need to touch the baby." "Nice baby mommy." He always wants to give Blake little pats on the face, little hugs and little kisses. He will run run run all over the house and then creep up to Blake and give him a little pat on the face and take off running again. Anytime anyone is holding Blake, Cole has to be right there to see the baby.


Holding hands, Cole thought it was so funny that Blake could grasp his hand.


Helping feed the baby. Cole sat so still and fed Blake an entire bottle.


Giving Blake a little kiss.


And a little hug.


Cole leaned in for a hug and Blake thought his chin felt like something good to munch on.

Just a little story to show just how attached Cole is to his new baby brother...

The other day I saw him grab a package of Starbursts and run upstairs. Nick ran up to his bedroom to take it away and found Cole hiding in his bed. As soon as Nick took the candy away Cole started SCREAMING. He was sooo mad and came stomping downstairs. I noticed that he was making his way over to Blake, who was on the couch, and I got up because I was worried he might take his anger out on the baby. Man, was I wrong. Cole came downstairs bawling and went straight over to his brother and laid his little head down on him for a hug. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!! I went over there and asked if he was sad and he said "Yeah, make me feel better...." I just think it is so sweet that Blake has become such a person of love and comfort to Cole already. I'll be sure to remind of him of this during the years that he whines about his annoying little brother... hehe!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! So cute!!! I love the one of Cole feeding Blake! He looks so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha--- im so glad hes LOVING him and taking good care of him. :) 2 boys will be such fun! i cant not wait to hold Blake-- he looks so precious!!

    ReplyDelete