September 6, 2009

I'm Baaaaack! (aka Sunriver Photos!)

I have been super neglectful of this little blog! I'm just going to blame it on laziness, lol! Which isn't all that surprising! Anyways, I am back and for good this time, I hope!

I'm being even more lazy today and since I have 20 photos (!!) to post, I didn't bother doing anything special with them all! And just as a warning, this post is going to be a little wordier than most because it was easier to just tell you about the photos instead of adding captions. So if you are not a fan of words, I'm sorry! LOL!

Back in August we went on a trip with my family to Sunriver, OR. The main reason for the trip (other than family bonding) was to celebrate my parent's 30th wedding anniversary!

This is them at Crater Lake. The cute thing is that we had planned on going to crater lake, and my mom started telling us a story about how when they were coming home from their honeymoon, she made my dad take a detour so that she could go see Crater Lake. They didn't even get there until it was dark but she still made him get out so that she could take some pictures. Yeah, those pictures are all black! They had never been back to Crater Lake so it was kind of special that we ended up going there on their 30th anniversary!

Nick and I (obviously!)

My brothers, Derrick and Joe, and my Dad!

The Girls: Erin, Mom and Me!

The Four Siblings! (yeah the wind was making my hair alll crazy!)

Erin and Kyle looking so cute!

and of course, my little bro, Joe "The Stud" Morgan!

I seriously LOVE these two peoples!

Speaking of cute... Here's Cole "hiding" from tickles! The only way to get him to smile for the camera is to pretend you are going to tickle him, although sometimes it backfires and you end up with a covered face!

Still cute!

Here are the guys golfing! They ended up going golfing 4 times on this trip! It was ridiculous!!

The biking beauties - Mom & Erin!


*GASP* Could that be Jamie on a bike? No it couldn't be? Could it?
Yes that's right folks, I rode a bike! Okay so it has been since around 8 ish years since I have actually bothered to ride a bike and I was a little shaky at first. I will say that at one point I forgot to use my brakes, so I just put my feet down on the ground to stop myself, which wasn't really working and I almost ran into a Port-A-Potty. Yeah, everyone that is was *so* hilarious! But I didn't fall down ever and it was actually a lot of fun, I ended up going multiple times throughout the trip! and......

That's right! I went Kayaking too! I actually HATED it though soooo yeah not sure if I will ever do that again! (Cole didn't actually go with me, that would be really hard, we just put him in there for the pic and he did not like it!)


Nick and my mom ended up kayaking back to the car, which was on the other side of the lake. The rest of us rode in the nice comfy boat! (I know you are all wondering what the heck that thing is on Nick's face! Well, my sister told him to not shave the entire trip and so he went along with it! Yeah I wasn't really feeling the whole thing and convinced him to shave halfway through the trip!)

Cole got soooooo sleepy while on the boat!

And he's out!

Nick and my parents went horseback riding during our trip. This photo cracks me up because it looks so "staged".

Riding on the trail! Mom's horse was named Rebel, Dad's was Rushmore, and Nick's was ZACH! We thought that was kind of funny and random!


On the way home, we stopped by the Lava River Caves. We hiked down the caves for awhile with our little laterns, it was freezing down there! Cole kept saying "cave" "dark" and "cold"!

Here we are just before packing up and leaving! Derrick and Joe had to leave a few days early, which is why they aren't in the photo!


Okay, so that's it for the Sunriver photos! Tomorrow I will post some photos from a couple sporting events we went to this week.... I promise!

1 comment:

  1. Super funny story! Luke and i hadnt looked at your blog in awhile, and i saw that pic of you on the bike and i said "Jamie on a bike??" and then i read the part where you said "gasp is that jamie on a bike?" HA HA... too funny! looking good! I didnt ride my bike all summer being the big prego i am! :) cute pics!! i always love reading your blog!! Miss you and hope the First trimester hasnt beaten you down TOO much!! Love ya!

    PS Joe is a Giant!! guess he outgrew Derrick huh?

    ReplyDelete